I know, I know, i've done it again, I swore I wouldn't bake anything else but i don't know how to stop myself anymore! What with Ben working and no-one to tell me no, I just HAVE to! ;)
This morning I actually made some chocolate cookies from a recipe online, it was flourless and butter free (I was trying to be healthier see!), but they were just awful, literally just tasted like eggs dipped in cocoa powder, not good at all! So I hadn't fulfilled that craving so obviously HAD to make something else!
I've seen a lot of people baking Blondies recently and thought i'd give those a go (minus the chocolate and butter as I didn't have either), and came up with this! I did base it on a recipe online but changed the measurements of a few things to suit me better!
250g Plain Flour
170g Light Muscovado Sugar
40g Granulated Sugar
150g Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C
1. Mix together your flour. salt and baking powder in a bowl
2. In a separate bowl add your sugar, vanilla extract, 2 eggs and vegetable oil and mix together until combined
3. Now add your dry ingredients and mix together until everything comes together evenly
4. Line a 13 x 9 baking tray with parchment paper (you could use 2 8x8 pans too)
5. Push down the mixture into the corners and edges, make sure it is evenly spread
6. Place in your preheated oven on the middle oven shelf for 18-22 minutes
To check it's cooked through, place a cocktail stick or knife into the centre, if it comes out almost completely clean, it is ready :)
7. Leave to cool for 30 minutes
8. Now spread across your Nutella, it's up to you how thick you want it
Cut into squares, again, it's up to you what sizes you would like
Quick, easy and so so yummy!