Today I have a yummy recipe for you all to drool over, if you’re anything like me, you love your cakes and biscuits, things that are considered ‘naughty’ and I’m their biggest fan!
Well this recipe should make you happy because not only can you enjoy a ‘naughty’ snack, but it’s actually not naughty at all! We may have overcooked ours ‘slightly’ but they were still yummy!
My partner & I have never been the type of couple to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but I guess that could be put down to the fact we’ve always spent time together and could go out for meals and spend time together whenever we liked?
Well, that was until 2 years ago anyway, so I think now we are probably more up for doing something a bit special on that day to make up for the lack of just the two of us time now we have Abbie.
With that in mind I am working with Nakd to bring you a delicious (and easy to make) recipe of Almond & Raspberry cookies, yummy!
Not only are these delicious and healthy, but they are also Grain-free, Gluten Free, Paleo-friendly and Vegan!
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes chilling
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
- 200g ground almonds
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- A small pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp vegan spread or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 Nākd Berry Delight Bar, cut into chips
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 170c. And line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix together the ground almonds, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Then add the vegan spread/coconut oil, sweetener and almond extract and mix again until well combined.
3. Stir in the Nākd Berry Delight chips until evenly incorporated into the mixture.
4. Transfer the mixture between two sheets of clingfilm wrap and leave in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes, to firm up.
Once firm, roll the dough out to about 1cm thickness and cut out your cookie shapes.
5. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, keeping a close eye on the oven and rotating the baking sheet a couple of times to prevent it from browning too much. Leave to cool before enjoying!
Such a yummy and healthy alternative to chucking loads of sugar into shortbread cookie recipes or similar! These are perfect not just for Valentine’s but as a healthier snack too 🙂