One of my favourite times of the year is coming up fast, EASTER! The only time of the year when I can eat as much chocolate as I like and no-one can judge me! As i’m pretty much baking something new every week, I wanted to try something with the holy grail of Easter, the Creme Egg, so I am working with Cadbury’s to bring you the gooiest, fudgiest, most delicious brownies ever!
As with all my recipes, I like to keep them as simple as possible and as purse friendly as I can, whilst still keeping families in mind and making sure the little ones can get involved as well! So instead of making the brownies completely from scratch, I decided to buy a simple brownie mix and go from there! At only £1.69, you can’t really go wrong! So if you’re wanting to create some mouth watering & scrummy creme egg brownies this Easter, I have the easiest recipe for you! 🙂
You will need …
- 1 x ASDA Brownie Mix
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 4 1/2 Creme Eggs
- 9 Mini Creme Eggs
- 75g White Chocolate
- Yellow Food Colouring
1. Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees C
2. Line a 7×7 or 8×8 baking tray with baking sheet.
3. Add your brownie mix to a bowl and add 5 tablespoons of water, mix until well combined and batter like
4. Add half the mixture to the tray and set the rest aside
5. Add the 9 mini eggs to the mixture however you like.
6. Add the rest of the batter over the mini eggs.
7. Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes depending on your preference.
8. Remove from oven and leave to cool for about 30 minutes.
9. Next you need to spoon the fudge icing over your brownies in an even layer.
10. Pop in the fridge to allow the icing to set slightly, I’d say 20 minutes.
11. Just before you take out your brownies, melt your white chocolate in the microwave, in 30 second bursts and stir each time, it should take about 90 seconds in total, leave to cool slightly.
12. Now take out your brownies and drizzle over half of your white chocolate
13. Add a few drops of yellow food colouring into the remaining chocolate and stir well until you reach your desired colour and drizzle over the brownies in any design you like! *you’re aiming for the yolk colour in the creme eggs!
14. Cut up 5 regular sized creme eggs and place on top of your brownies. The leftover half you can eat yourself 😉
15. You can either serve straight away or pop in the fridge overnight.
Pop them into the microwave for 10-15 seconds to warm up, this will make the creme egg inside ooze, heaven! You can then drizzle over double cream or a dollop of ice cream! YUM!