Just reading that title makes my mouth water, what could be better than gooey soft cookies, stuffed with the deliciousness that is Nutella? Nothing, that’s what.
There have been tons and tons of Nutella inspired recipes online recently, in fact since pancake day, they seem to just be everywhere!
As cookies are one of the easiest baking treats to make, I thought i’d keep it basic and make these for you all, the recipe isn’t mine so here is the original, I can promise you that this is probably the best batch of cookies you will ever bake!
- 110g unsalted butter
- 95g Light Muscovado Sugar (or regular brown sugar if you don’t have this)
- 30g Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 190g Plain Flour
- 100g Chocolate Chips
This recipe can make around 18 cookies if you roll them into smaller balls, these will create flatter but still gooey cookies
I made mine pretty big which made 10 lovely chunky ones!
What to Do
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (350 degrees F)
2. Heat butter in the microwave for 45 seconds (or until melted) and add to mixing bowl
3. Add the Muscovado Sugar & Granulated Sugar; mix with a spoon
4. Crack your egg into the mixture and combine well
5. Add the vanilla extract, salt and baking powder and combine again
6. Sift in your flour, before you mix it in, add your chocolate chips
7. Fold together until it forms a cookie dough (might take a good few minutes)
8. Using your hands, take some dough and flatten it in your hand and add a small (or large, I won’t judge) spoonful of Nutella to the centre.
9. Fold over the edges to cover the Nutella, then form them into a ball shape and place on your baking tray
10. Bake in the oven for between 8-10 minutes (keep checking on them after 5 minutes)
Once slightly golden on edges, take out the oven and leave for 5 mins, and you can serve 🙂