My favourite time of the year is approaching super fast, so i’d be lying if I said I wasn’t already super duper excited!
Growing up I really had the best Christmases and was always kept busy in the run up to it too, I was always far too excited as soon as December hit that I needed things to keep me occupied! There’s a little quote out here somewhere that says “I thought the best thing about Christmas was being a kid, but it’s actually having children”.
No longer am I bothered about presents for myself, it’s all about Abbie and making it a magical experience for her, and I believe the older she gets, the more magical it becomes!
This year is probably the first year she can get excited about everything properly, she already sings “We wish you a merry Christmas” and knows who Santa is too, although she doesn’t care for opening presents still, I think this year we will keep the bigger presents unwrapped and on show when she comes downstairs, and the smaller ones wrapped up!
With that being said, before the big day, we have lots of things we can get done to really get into the Christmas spirit, I’ve conjured up a list of 50 things you can do before then to help!
- Leave Santa’s footprints
- Make a gingerbread house
- Make a Christmas eve box
- Buy advent calendars
- Make your own Christmas cards
- Go ice skating
- Visit light switch on event
- Make Christmas cookies
- Make hot chocolates
- Visit Santa’s grotto
- Watch Christmas movies
- Have a chocolate coin hunt around the house
- Have a karaoke night with Christmas songs
- Read Christmas stories
- Drive around and see all the Christmas lights
- Make snow angels (if it snows, obviously)
- Have an indoor picnic
- Create a den indoors
- Buy some new Christmas pyjamas
- Make ornaments for the tree
- Donate boxes of toys
- Make a snow globe
- Take family photos by the tree
- Go for a winter walk
- Watch The Nativity
- Visit nursing homes and sing carols
- Make paper snowflakes
- Make puppets
- Play board games
- Make santa bubble beards in the bath
- Dress up with the little ones
- Make paper chains
- Make mince pies
- Take a photo every day from 1st December
- Visit a Christmas market
- Make New Year’s resolutions
- Take part in Secret Santa
- Make Christmas Bunting
- Make up a lucky dip game
- Create Christmas flash cards
- Make up a dance to a Christmas Song
- Go and see a Christmas play at the theatre
- Take bokeh photos of your Christmas tree lights
- Make some Christmassy vlogs, putting up the tree, unwrapping presents etc
- Visit Santa!
- Meet some Reindeer
- Make Christmas wish lists
- Make your own fake snow
- Play games together, Heads Up is one of our favourites!
- Make a massive bed in the living room, snuggle up, watch Christmas movies and eat lots!
What are your family traditions?