It’s been a while since I’ve put up a recipe post, they are my favourite to write up so I really must make more! I’m not gonna lie, this is NOT a difficult recipe, nor does it involve me making everything from scratch, sometimes I just love grabbing a box out the cupboard and making something without forking out on all the ingredients needed!
So I’ve finally got round to making these Brownies, I’ve been wanting to do it for ages but have been so darn busy!
I actually picked up a box of the Hale & Hearty Brownie Mix from Holland & Barrett a month or so ago and it’s been sat in my cupboard calling my name, I’m not Vegan myself but considering I don’t eat anything that contains eggs, when it comes to cakes I have to pick the vegan options so it’s all good practice for me!
I was a little hesitant about making these, only because I’ve never used an egg replacer before and the fact they are wheat free too, but I was so pleasantly surprised, these taste EXACTLY the same as your regular decadent brownies, the texture is the same, the chocolatey taste is identical except this time they are actually kinda good for you!
I had a few people test them out for me, who both LOVED them, including one Vegan snob who even gave them a 10/10! BOOM! 😉
Anyone else get their tasters to rate on a scale? Ha ha. But seriously, these are incredible!
You will need
- Brownie Mix
- 2 tsp Egg replacer
- 200g Dairy Free Butter
- Dairy free milk
- Mini marshmallows – double check they are vegetarian/vegan
*Heat your oven to 175 degrees *
1. Add your brownie mix to the bowl, along with your butter, egg replacer & water
Mix together until well combined
2. Add your milk and mix well again
3. Line a baking tray (20×20 preferably) with foil or parchment paper
4. Pour your mixture into tin and level out
5. Pop in your oven for about 25 minutes
(told you it was an easy recipe) 😉
6. A few minutes before it’s finished, remove from the oven, switch the setting to grill mode
7. Sprinkle over your marshmallows, I used an entire bag because why the hell not! 😉
Pop under the grill for a few minutes, keep an eye on it so the marshmallows don’t burn and remove when they are golden and toasted!
TRA-LA! Easy peasy Vegan brownies!